Canada’s Strongest BVD-Persistent-Infection Protection Label Claim
Vaccinating your cows and heifers with Express® FP provides an excellent foundation of protection from the potentially devastating impact of BVD, as well as reproductive diseases. When you use Express in your herd, you can rest assured, knowing you are using a product to protect your herd in one vaccine.
Calves born from Express® FP–vaccinated cows are eligible for coverage under the Express® Guarantee.
- Strongest BVD Label Claim on the market; Prevents persistently infected calves caused by BVD Type 1 and 2.
- Aids in the prevention of abortion due to IBR virus
- A 12-month duration of immunity (DOI) has been demonstrated to protect against IBR- induced abortion and against disease, including persistently infected calves caused by BVD Types 1 and 2.
- Express® FP vaccines can also be used in pregnant cows or calves nursing pregnant cows as long as the cows were vaccinated in the last 12 months with any Express® FP product according to label directions.
- Prevents urinary shedding of L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo (type hardjo-bovis)
- Vaccinated animals subsequently exposed to L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo (type hardjo-bovis) have been shown to clear renal infections within eight weeks of exposure.
- Express® Vaccines containing vibro antigens as an aid in the reduction of infertility, delayed conception or abortion caused by Campylocater fetus var. vernerealis and leptospirosis caused by serovars of Leptospira.
- Aids in the prevention of respiratory disease caused by IBR virus, BVD Types 1 and 2, and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV)
- Aids in the reduction of respiratory disease caused by the parainfluenza 3 (PI 3) virus
- Convenient combinations with 5-way Lepto, H.Somnus or both, and vibrio-Lepto.
- No minimum-age restrictions
- Calves vaccinated younger then 6 months of age need to be re-vaccinated after 6 months of age.
Ask your veterinarian for the best Express® FP choice for your cattle.
1Data on file with Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd, 2016.
2Brock KV et al. Onset of protection from experimental challenge with Type 2 bovine viral diarrhea virus following vaccination with a modified-live vaccine. Vet Therapeutics 2007;8(1):88-96.
3Fairbanks KF et al. Rapid onset of protection against infectious bovine rhinotracheitis with a modified-live virus multivalent vaccine. Vet Therapeutics 2004;5(1)17-25.
Don't throw them out, visit www.healthsteward.ca